Sunday, January 25, 2015

Its been a long time, Shouldn't have left you

Without a dope beat to......

AAaaaaaaaaand  I Am back.

I am going to be honest on here folks, there is really no reason why I left my blog other than. I was too lazy to keep up with it.  Recent events, however, have compelled me to write more.  Gotta get these words out to the masses.  I cannot help but be compelled to help people, and if that means I can make you laugh, entertain,  educate, or empower then by golly, that is what I am gonna do.

By any means necessary.

I still have my dream of developing the H00ktastic  Web Studio, a place where people can go to forget their troubles, laugh out loud, and possible see new possibilities for their lives.  I desperately want to help improve the quality of living for folks.  For some that will just be a quick laugh, for others maybe an epic story, and maybe if I am careful I can spark some good inspiration and change.
Now, enough with the reassertions and aspirations, it is time to get on with the Shenanigans!!!

So what the hell u been doing H00k???

Glad you asked, phantom person.
Soon It will be year 2 in Southern California. Me and the lady finally made that move to Hollywood where we can be rub elbows with he people who can help realize our missions and visions.


Oh, wow congrats Bro


Woah slow down there Jethro,  we ain't MADE IT just yet, and hit some searious bumps. Our original housing plans fell through, money fell through, employment got shaky, and it was a rocky road, to say the least.


But we were determined and I did find a good position as an after school Science instructor (I know teaching again).  It is 2 parts Entertainment 1 part educating and a lot of fun teaching science in a way where kids can actually GET it.  I like to do it, not love, and I am now "party staff". That's right, going out and making things explode for kids birthday parties.



But what about the DREAM

I know I know, I am working on it, I met an awesome friend who happens to be on the 1st season of mistresses and a slew of actors and entertainers that also do the Science gig.  They are great and I am collaborating on a short, comic for one guys short film.  Nothing big yet but it is credentials towards my talents.


And the little lady??

well Tasha and I went to the Game Developer's Conference and are headed back for year 2, it was AMAZING, we met people all across the board from, board game indie developers to AAA game producers and everything in between,  we will definitely be honing out skills to work with some of them on some indie projects and building for our first game!!!

Ok, so what ur saying is its been 2 years and nothing happened yet...



:/  uh, yes.  BUT not nothing.  No I haven't been cast as Miles Morales (Mixed Spiderman), or Lando's son, J'kwon Calrissian, But I have made contacts and connections with people making their own works and sustaining a living while doing it.  I have seen that its possible and that is the evidence I needed to know we made the right choice by coming out here.  I think now more than ever that the dream is just a reality not yet seized and I am gonna do my damnedest to make it happen sooner rather than later.

So what can we expect out of this blog??

More me, more often, and more random.  Going to start filling you in on some of the daily So Cal life but also I will keep updating this blog with Comedy, Comics, and Games news and links to other Hook and Tasha related productions.

--H00k OUT

and remember, go ninja go ninja go.

PS. My Bosom Buddy lifelong pal, created a Movie Podcast and I guest appeared check it out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment